Workshop Weekend!

Members of the Sanford Art Association will have a full weekend October 2 and 3!

On October 2, some of them will start the weekend off at a mosaic workshop conducted by Nancy Maloney of Metamorphosis Mosaics – http://metamorphosismosaics.com/. It will start at 9:30 a.m. and take the entire day.

Then, on October 3, the Association will enjoy a potluck dinner/pottery firing at Kat’s Ketch Pottery hosted by Kathleen King. http://www.katsketchpottery.com/

Another active weekend for the Association.

Open Winery Day

This Saturday, September 11, the Sanford Art Association will be at the Prospect Hill Winery in Lebanon, Maine: https://www.prospecthillwines.com/ for open winery day. From 1 – 4 p.m. artists will be displaying their paintings, pottery, and other art while some members paint winery settings plein air. Last year this was a wonderful event. Art and wine tend to go together well!

Painting the Working Landscape

Sanford Community Forest campaigners invite artists

SPRINGVALE – Plein air artists are invited to Springvale farms in July to showcase the value of conserving the working landscape.

“Paint the Working Landscape” is a fundraiser for Three Rivers Land Trust’s campaign to create Sanford Community Forest. The land trust has until the end of the year to raise the remaining $85,000 toward the purchase of more than 500 acres of woods and wetlands.

“Springvale is a beautiful mosaic of orchards, fields, pastures, ponds and working forest,” said Lee Burnett, Three Rivers Board member. “Keeping this landscape intact is good for ecological integrity, for jobs and for the quality of life in southern Maine.”

Artists working in any medium are invited to set up at any of the participating farms July 10-24. An artists reception and hanging party is set for 6 p.m. Saturday July 24 at McDougal Orchards.  A silent auction is set for 8 to 10 a.m. on Sunday, July 25, at McDougal Orchards, where Three Rivers is also hosting a breakfast to kick off Springvale Farm Walk.

For a map and list of participating farms and to register to paint, visit www.3RLT.org. Proceeds from the auction will be shared, with artists retaining 70 percent and the remaining 30 percent going to Sanford Community Forest.

Important Members’ Meeting

When: Saturday, June 27 at 10:00 a.m.
This meeting will be held outdoors and follow social distancing guideline. (There is an open covered area if it rains.) Bring your own chairs. After the meeting there will be a Bring-Your-Own-Lunch social gathering.
The agenda will include electing new officers. (Mary Saltmarsh is staying in Florida and has resigned as President.) In addition, there will be discussion about the role of the Association and its members in the future. The Association needs to know how it can best serve the interests of its members. Bring your ideas for events, workshops, electronic media events. etc.
Art in the Park has been tentatively rescheduled for August to occur in place of the annual Art in the Barn event that has been canceled by its host. The Art in the Park event will comply with all State of Maine guidelines for safe conduct of such a gathering.
Where: We hope to see you at the meeting in Doris Porell’s yard in Alfred!

Create your website with WordPress.com
Get started